Shards of Jondaar
Temple of Aziz
Stories of Jondaar
- This seems to be a story of an adventurer who seeked and was guided by Irori in his time of need. A mortal man, greatly conflicted, would find solace in a temple and pray for enlightenment from Irori.
- The man sought Irori, a god who was once immortal like him, and wished to learn on how he could achieve the power of a deity. Irori saw the good in the mortal’s heart and would take him under his wing.
- Years past as the mortal would spend trying to find peace in himself, and his true purpose in the world. One morning, he had an epiphany, that would guide him to his destiny.
- The mortal realized that not a single god could grant him the powers he sought out, but all the deities would have to see something within him so they could each grant their favour on him.
- It is said that the mortal made the impossible journey adventured to Pharasma’s Boneyard which sits atop an impossibly tall spire that pierces the Astral Plane, to speak with Pharasma herself. She was the first of the gods he would gain favour for. She requested that he aid her in the migration of souls to their respective area in the Outer Planes.
- The mortal accepted his duty as shepherd of the dead. Though Pharasma is the goddess of prophecy, this mortal’s destiny was clouded… For there was a fork in the road that would determine his fate
- And the day came where the mortal was to be truly tested in his resolve… For he would have to shepherd his own wife to her new eternal home. Part of him wanted to scream at the gods for taking his wife, for not being at her side at the end, but he knew he would need to pass this in order to become the god he wanted to be…
- His wife tried speaking to him, begged him to help her in her most desperate time of need. The mortal ignored her, and continued on to fulfill his duty. Once her soul was in place, the mortal would confront Pharasma.
- He cast away his oath and grabbed his wife… She would not be taken… He would decide when she would go or not… He would find the powers of a God… But not to the whim of these pety Gods… No, HE was the one in charge, HE would be the god.
- The mortal was angry, but he could only simply ask Pharasma why. She told him that she is not to judge the why or when of when people die, but only to escort their souls to the Outer Planes. The mortal finally came to tears, and Pharasma came and wiped the tears from his eyes and whispered in his ear “She lives”.
- The mortal approached Pharasma, with his wife by his side, and welding a blade he obtained during his adventures, he the deity’s head. The mortal gave Pharasma’s responsibilities to his wife…
- The mortal had passed his test… The gods had to ensure that the next god would do what needed to be done. Pharasma rewarded the mortal with her favour, and a vision… A prophecy of the mortal, his wife, and a child only a few years old… She told him that by honoring his mission, a bright future was open to them. The mortal began to cry again, but with tears of joy.
- Irori showed himself to the mortal and told him that the next god he needs to seek is Zon-Kuthon. The mortal was terrified. If he did not know pain before, he would learn it’s true meaning when meeting him. Irori told the mortal that he must curry favour with ALL gods, good and evil… The mortal set out on his new journey.